A simple but delicious granola recipe flavored with coconut and vanilla. Packed with fibers and completely sugar free to keep you full and energized.
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup puffed quinoa (can sub rice, amaranth)
- 2 tbsp coconut flour (can sub almond meal)
- 1/2 cup silvered almonds
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- a pinch of salt
- 1 very ripe banana
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 330F and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl mix together the rolled oats, shredded coconut, puffed quinoa, coconut flour, silvered almonds, cinnamon and salt.
- In a small bowl, mash the ripe banana using a fork until puréed. Add the melted coconut oil and vanilla extract and stir well to combine.
- Pour the banana mixture into the dry ingredients and stir using a spatula to spread the mixture. You can also use your hands to massage and make sure all the dry ingredients are well coated.
- Using your hands, spread the granola loosely onto the baking tray, trying to form big chunks.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Then remove from the oven and shake gently not to break the chunks. Return to the oven for 10 minutes more until the granola is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to completely cool down.
- Store in an airtight jar or container.
- For an extra sweetness, you can add 1 tablespoon of maple syrup to the banana mixture.
- You can sub coconut oil for any neutral flavored oil or nut butter.
- You can add in any other mixings of your choice. Chocolate chips, cranberries, cashew, sunflower seeds, dry pineapple or papaya are all great choices.
Keywords: breakfast, granola, homemade granola, sugar free, oats, coconut