These irresistible Cookie Bites are naturally gluten free, oil free, refined sugar free and made with only 6 wholesome ingredients. They are perfect for a healthy and delicious snack ready to enjoy at any time of the day!
- 150 g shredded coconut
- 60 g white rice flour
- 1 1/2 ripe banana (160 g without the skin)
- 30 g coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 30 g dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Process the shredded coconut in a food processor into a coarse, chunky flour. Set aside.
- Add banana, coconut sugar, vanilla and salt into food processor and mix to puree.
- Add in the processed shredded coconut and rice flour and pulse until well combined. The dough must be a little wet but compact enough to be shaped. If it’s too runny, add a little more rice flour and pulse to combine until you reach the right consistency.
- Transfer the dough to a mixing bowl and fold in the chocolate chips.
- With your hands, roll the dough into small balls of about 30 grams. Arrange the balls on the lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, turning occasionally the balls, until they are evenly browned. Remove from the oven, transfer to a cooling rack and allow to completely cool down before to enjoy!
- Once cooled, store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- To make this recipe, it’s better to use bananas that are just ripe but not over ripe! Choose bananas with yellow skin, just ripe and smooth enough to be eaten as is. Avoid over ripe bananas that can make the dough mushy.
Keywords: Banana Coconut Cookies, cookie bites, coconut bites, coconut balls, energy balls, bliss balls, snack, gluten free