These banoffee pie tapioca puddings are made of a creamy coconut tapioca pudding and the BEST banana caramel sauce. Easy to prepare and ready in under 30 minutes!
- 1 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- a pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup tapioca pearls
- 2 medium bananas
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup cashew soaked overnight
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- a pinch of salt
- Crushed roasted peanuts
- Shredded coconut
- Banana slices
- Prepare the tapioca pudding. Stir together the coconut milk, almond milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract and salt in a medium saucepan and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to low and add the tapioca pearls. Cook for about 15 minutes, stirring constantly, until the the liquid has been absorbed and the mixture has thickened.
- Pour the tapioca pudding into small glass jars and allow to completely cool down. Store in fridge until serving.
- Prepare the banana caramel sauce. Peel and slice the banana. Melt the coconut oil in a sauce pan over medium heat. Once hot, add the banana slices and the maple syrup and cook for around 2 minutes on each side until golden.
- Rinse and drain the soaked cashews. Place in a high speed blender with the caramelized banana, vanilla extract and salt. Blend until perfectly smooth and creamy.
- Pour the banana caramel sauce on top of the tapioca puddings and sit in fridge for 10 minutes to firm.
- Garnish with crushed toasted peanuts and shredded coconut before serving.
- The plain tapioca pudding (without the banana caramel) can be stored in fridge for up to a week.
- To prepare the cashew, simply soak in clear water overnight or for at least 6 hours to soften. Rinse well and drain before using.
Keywords: tapioca pudding, pudding, dessert