Creamy chocolate peanut butter raw Snickers truffles that melt in your mouth are the perfect healthy treat to satisfy your sweet tooth. They are vegan, naturally gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and super quick and easy to put together! A delicious treat that everybody will love.
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of sea salt flakes
- 2 tsp cacao nibs
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- Pour peanut butter, coconut flour, maple syrup, vanilla and salt in a food processor or a blender, and mix until completely combined. You can also mix all the ingredients by hand in a large mixing bowl with a spatula. The dough must be thick and compact, neither sticky nor too crumbly. Lastly stir the cacao nibs into the batter by hand.
- Using a measuring spoon or a tablespoon, scoop out the dough and roll into bite-size balls with your hands. You can slightly humidify your hands to avoid the dough to stick and make it easier to roll.
- Place the dough balls on a parchment paper lined tray or plate, and place in freezer to firm for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the chocolate coating. Melt the coconut oil then mix with the cocoa powder and the maple syrup in a bowl. Stir until you get a smooth and runny chocolate sauce without any lumps.
- When the truffles have firmed, remove from the freezer. One by one, dip the truffles in the chocolate sauce to fully coat. Then, put them back onto the lined tray and immediately sprinkle with the chopped peanuts. Proceed quickly as the chocolate will solidify very fast.
- Return the truffles to the freezer for 10 minutes, or until the chocolate coating is completely set.
- Remove from the freezer and enjoy immediately. The truffles will keep in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 1 month
- Make sure to use smooth and runny peanut butter to make it easy to mix with the rest of the ingredients. If your peanut butter is too thick, quickly melt in a sauce pan over low eat.
- For the chocolate coating, you can also use quality dark chocolate. Simply chop then melt the chocolate in a double-boiler or in the microwave.
Keywords: dessert, snack, raw, raw treat, truffles, chocolate truffles, energy balls, bliss balls, snickers,