Easy super creamy buckwheat porridge is a healthy and nourishing breakfast made with a few simple ingredients and ready in 10 minutes. It’s gluten-free, added sugar free and packed with nutrients. A good alternative to regular oatmeals.
- 3/4 cup raw buckwheat groats
- 1/3 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 banana
- 3 tbsp coconut cream or milk
- 1 pitted date, to sweetened (add more if you prefer)
- 1 tsp orange blossom water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 1 small apple
- 1 small pear
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Soak the dry buckwheat groats and cashews in double volume of water for at least 6 hours or overnight at room temperature. Soaking increases the availability of nutrients, soften the groats and nuts and makes them easier to digest.
- Rinse well the buckwheat groats and cashews under running water until the water is clear and drain.
- Peel and chop the banana, pit and roughly chop the date.
- Add all the ingredients in a food processor or a high speed blender and blend until perfectly smooth, thick and creamy. If you prefer a runnier porridge, add a little more coconut milk and blend until you get the desired consistency. Set aside.
- Prepare the roasted fruits. Wash, core and cut the fruits into medium dices. Heat the coconut oil in a nonstick skillet and add the fruits, maple syrup and cinnamon. Stir to coat and cook over medium-high heat for 5 minutes until the fruits are beautiful golden and soft. Add the vanilla extract and remove from heat.
- Serve the porridge in bowls with the roasted fruits, a handful of granola, fresh berries, nut butter or any of your favorite toppings.
- You can use maple syrup or agave instead of dates to sweetened your porridge.
- Store leftovers in a sealed airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Keywords: buckwheat porridge, porridge, breakfast, gluten free