This mint and chocolate smoothie is made with only fresh whole ingredients, for a healthy and nutritious snack that tastes like your favorite ice cream flavor!
- 1 banana (fresh or frozen)
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 10 leaves fresh mint
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1–2 tsp maple syrup, to taste
- 1 cup dairy free milk
- 1 tbsp chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp water
- Peel and chop the banana. Rinse and chop the kale. Add all the ingredients for the smoothie except the chocolate chips in a blender and blend everything until smooth. Taste and adjust the quantity of maple syrup according to your preferences.
- Add in the chocolate chips and quickly pulse to break them and combine.
- Prepare the chocolate sauce by mixing cocoa powder, maple and water in a bowl.
- Drizzle the chocolate sauce in a glass, then pour in the smoothie. Drink fresh!
- You can use fresh or frozen banana to make this smoothie. However I recommend frozen banana for a thicker and fresher result. To freeze your bananas, peel and slice them before storing in a freezer bag or container, and place in the freezer.
- You can also prepare the smoothie and place in the fridge for about 30 minutes to 1 hour to cool, or add a handful of ice cubes.
Keywords: smoothie, green smoothie, mint chocolate smoothie, drink,