This easy Mocha Smoothie Bowl tastes like your favorite chocolate mocha coffee latte in the form of a rich and creamy smoothie. Ready under 5 minutes with only 6 simple ingredients, it’s a delicious and healthy way to start your day!
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 pitted date
- 1 shot of cold espresso (or 1/4 cup cold coffee)
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- about 3 ice cubes
- Optional: 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Homemade granola, check my favorite recipes
- Tahini, almond butter or peanut butter
- Fresh seasonal fruits
- Shaved chocolate, cacao nibs
- Add the frozen banana, cocoa powder, pitted date, cold coffee, almond milk, vanilla and ice cubes to a high-speed blender and blend on high until perfectly smooth. Add a little more almond milk for a runnier consistency.
- Pour the smoothie into a bowl and garnish with all your favorite toppings.
- For extra flavor, I’ve used my favorite KoRo Organic vanilla flavored coffee. If using plain coffee, you can add a teaspoon of vanilla extract in your smoothie.
- You want this smoothie to be thick and creamy so try not to add too much liquid. Pour almond milk gradually and add just enough to blend.
- If you prefer your smoothie sweeter, add 1 tablespoon of maple syrup and blend.
Keywords: smoothie, smoothie bowl, breakfast, coffee, mocha, mocha smoothie, banana smoothie