Quick and easy chia pudding that is topped with pistachio cream and fresh raspberries for a perfect a light and healthy breakfast, snack or dessert!
- 1/4 cup chia seeds (40 g)
- 1 cup plant based milk (250 ml)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp orange blossom extract
- 1 banana
- 1/4 cup pistachios (35 g), unsalted
- 1/4 cup plant based yogurt (50 g)
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1–2 tsp maple syrup
- Fresh raspberries
- Roasted pistachios
- Zest of lime
- Make the chia pudding. Whisk the chia seeds, milk, maple syrup, and orange blossom extract together in a bowl.
- Let sit for 5 minutes, until it begins to thicken and gel. Then give it a good mix again using a fork or a whisk.
- Place in the fridge and let sit for at least 30 minutes, or overnight if prepared ahead.
- Meanwhile, make the pistachio cream. Peel and cut the banana into large chunks. Add the banana, pistachios, yogurt, lime juice and maple syrup to a high speed blender and blend until perfectly smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust the sweetness to your preferences.
- Take the chia pudding out of the fridge and give it a good stir.
- Arrange some raspberries in two small cups or jars. Then add the chia pudding and pistachio cream on top. Garnish with pistachios and lime zest.
- Place in the fridge to set for 1 hour or enjoy immediately.
- You can prepare and put together the pistachio chia pudding the day before and store it in the fridge overnight.
- Store the chia pudding, separately from the pistachio cream, in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- If the chia pudding seems too thick after removing it from the fridge, add more milk, one tablespoon at a time, and mix until you reach the desired consistency.
- Milk of your choice. I recommend to use almond, oats or soy milk for a light chia pudding. If you prefer a richer creamier chia pudding, use coconut milk or a mix of both.
Keywords: Chia, chia pudding, pistachio, breakfast