This salted caramel protein smoothie transforms your favorite chocolate candy bar into a healthy and nourishing bowl. Naturally sweetened by fruits and packed with plant-based proteins, it is perfect for a delicious snack or a healthy dessert.
- 1 banana, fresh or frozen
- 1 date, pitted and chopped
- 1 scoop of Prozis plant-based protein powder
- 1 tbsp tahini, or any other nut butter (peanut, almond, cashew …)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp lucuma powder (optional)
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- Fresh seasonal fruits
- Macadamia nuts
- Tahini or peanut butter
- Coconut chips
- Puffed quinoa
- Place all the ingredients in a blender or a food processor and blend until perfectly smooth. This smoothie is thick and creamy. For a runnier consistency, add more milk or a splash of water.
- Serve the smoothie in a bowl and top with your favorite ingredients: fresh fruits, macadamia nuts, coconut chips, nut butter, puffed quinoa and a pinch of cinnamon.
- For this smoothie you can use both fresh or frozen banana. Frozen banana will make the smoothie very thick, with an ice-cream like consistency.
- You can replace the tahini with any nut butter of your choice like peanut, almond, cashew or even sunflower butter for a nut-free version.
- For a lighter smoothie, replace the coconut milk by almond or soy milk.
- The protein powder is optional but adds thickness to the smoothie, as well as an extra protein intake. If using protein powder, make sure to choose a good quality plant-based product, without added sugar and with a light flavor (plain or vanilla work well in this recipe).
Keywords: breakfast, smoothie, smoothie bowl, protein, nice cream, salted caramel, snack