The best vegan, gluten and refined sugar free pistachios and apricot blondies. They are super chewy and gooey, melting in your mouth. If you’re looking for a healthy delicious dessert, this one is for you!
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 1 cup of canned chickpeas, drained
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- 2 apricots
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line an 8×8 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Peel the bananas. Rinse and drain the chickpeas. Place the bananas and chickpeas in a mixer or a high speed blender, and mix until very smooth.
- Add the melted coconut oil and vanilla extract and mix to combine.
- Add the oat flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and mix until perfectly combined. You should obtain a smooth and homogeneous dough.
- Fold in the pistachios roughly chopped and then transfer the batter to the baking pan, spreading evenly.
- Chop the apricots into small dices and arrange on top of the dough. Gently press down to incorporate.
- Bake for 30 minutes until slightly golden on the top. Let completely cool down before cutting into squares : the blondies will continue to dry and firm up.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container on the countertop.
- You can make oat flour by simply grinding rolled oats in a high speed blender. If necessary, make sure you are using certified gluten free oats.
- Carefully watch the blondies while baking. If they start to brown on the surface, cover with a piece of aluminum foil and continue cooking.