This easy single serving microwave Cinnamon Roll Mug Cake is the perfect treat when you’re craving cinnamon roll, but don’t have the time for it! It has delicious layers of cinnamon swirls mixed throughout a fluffy and gluten-free cake batter.
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp oat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tbsp plant based yogurt
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Mix the oat flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon and salt into a bowl.
- Add the almond milk, plant based yogurt, maple syrup and vanilla and stir with a spoon until combined. The batter should be smooth, similar to a cake batter.
- Prepare the cinnamon swirl mixture by adding all the ingredients into a small bowl.
- Pour one third of the cake batter into a large microwave-safe mug. Then drizzle a spoon of the cinnamon mixture on top and gently stir to create a swirl. Cover with another third of the cake batter, and repeat: cinnamon swirl, batter, and finish with a generous swirl of cinnamon mixture on top.
- Microwave on high for 60 seconds. Then open the door and check the batter by gently pushing with your finger: the surface should be dry and the cake pretty spongy. If the batter is still too wet, microwave another 15 seconds and check again. Cook in 15-second intervals until it’s just baked.
- Remove from microwave and let cool down a few minutes before eating.
- This recipe leads to a medium-large mug serving. For a smaller mug cake, feel free to divide the quantities and so to reduce the baking time.
- Make sure to use a microwave-proof mug. The mug should be big enough to be three-quarters full with the raw dough as it will rise during the baking.
- You can also bake your mug cake in a traditional oven, for 10-12 minutes at 350F, or until a toothpick comes out just clean.
Keywords: mug cake, cinnamon roll, cinnamon, cake, snack, dessert, gluten free,