Vegan Gluten-free Fluffy Double Chocolate Pancakes are the perfect delicious and decadent breakfast! They are easy to make with only a few wholesome ingredients.
- 1 1/4 cups buckwheat flour (145 g)
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder (20 g)
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar (12 g)
- 1 tbsp baking powder (12 g)
- 1/3 tsp sea salt
- 2/3 cups soy yogurt (160 g)
- 1/8 cup almond butter (30 g)
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp soy milk – or other non-dairy milk(140 ml)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chopped – or chocolate chips (60 g)
- coconut oil for cooking
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- To a separate mixing bowl, add soy yogurt and almond butter and whisk to combine. Then add non-dairy milk and vanilla extract and whisk.
- Pour the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and gently fold everything together. Then add the chocolate chunks and mix until well combined, but be careful not to over mix the batter or the pancakes won’t be as fluffy! It should be thick but pourable. If too thin, add more buckwheat flour. If too thick, add a little non-dairy milk.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat with a teaspoon of coconut oil. Once hot, scoop about 1/4 cup pancake batter onto the pan, spreading out to make a nice circle. Cook until bubbles form at the surface, then flip and cook for 1-2 minutes on the other side. Repeat with all the remaining batter.
- Serve the pancakes warm with toppings of your choice.
- These chocolate pancakes are best enjoyed warm right after baking. Cooled leftover pancakes stored in an airtight container will keep in the refrigerator up to 3 days. Quickly reheat the pancakes in the toaster before to enjoy.
- For the vegan caramel sauce, refer to this recipe.
Keywords: Pancakes, Chocolate pancakes, vegan pancakes, breakfast, gluten-free