This Lime and Coconut Bircher Muesli is a healthy and nourishing breakfast loaded with nutrients and flavors. It can be prepared the night ahead for a delicious breakfast on the go!
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (100 ml)
- 1/2 cup water (100 ml)
- 1 bag of Mango Lime Herbal Tea or any other flavor of your choice (optional)
- 1/3 cup oats (50 g)
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut (20 g)
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp lime zest
- 1 Granny Smith apple
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Place the coconut milk and water in a small sauce pan and bring to a gentle boil. When the liquid starts to bubble, reduce to a low simmer, add the bag of herbal tea and allow to infuse during 5 minutes. This step is optional, see the notes below for more options.
- In the meantime, mix the oats, shredded coconut, chia seeds and lime zest in a bowl. Peel and finely grate the apple and add to the bowl with the maple syrup. Stir all the ingredients to combine.
- Pour the warm infused milk into the bowl and stir until everything is well incorporated.
- Cover the bowl and place in the fridge for 2 hours or overnight. The oats will absorb the liquid and become soft and fluffy. Garnish with fresh fruits, shredded coconut or any of your favorite toppings before to enjoy.
- I used this Twinings Mango Lime Herbal tea to infuse the milk. However, feel free to use any other flavor or brand. You can also replace the herbal tea bag with spices, like cardamome, cinnamon, vanilla or ginger powder.
- Granny Smith apples work best in this recipe since they are firm and crisp, but you can use any other variety of apples.
- This Bircher Muesli is best enjoyed within 1-2 days.
Keywords: Bircher Muesli, muesli, oatmeal, oats, overnight oats, breakfast, gluten free