Easy Vegan Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes are light, fluffy, bursting with lemon and coconut flavors. Perfect for a delicious summery breakfast!
- 200 g all-purpose flour
- 30 g cornstarch
- 30 g desiccated coconut, shredded
- 50 g almond meal
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 15 g baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 280 ml almond or dairy-free milk
- 140 g soy or dairy-free yogurt
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp cane sugar
- Zest from one lemon
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, cornstarch, coconut, almond meal, poppy seeds, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the yogurt, oil, sugar and lemon zest. Add the milk and whisk to combine.
- Pour the wet preparation into the bowl with the dry ingredients, and gently stir with a spatula until just combined. Don’t over mix the batter or your pancakes won’t be as fluffy!
- Grease a large griddle or pan with cooking oil or vegan butter, and preheat over medium heat. Once hot, spoon 1/4 cup of the batter on to the pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes until bubbles form at the surface, then flip to the other side and cook for 1-2 minutes or until golden. Repeat the process with the remaining pancake batter.
- Serve warm with thick dairy-free yogurt, coconut chips, extra zest and a drizzle of caramel sauce.
- These pancakes are best enjoyed warm right after baking. Cooled leftover pancakes stored in an airtight container will keep in the refrigerator up to 3 days. Quickly reheat the pancakes in the toaster before to enjoy.
- Do not overmix your batter or your pancakes won’t be as fluffy! Mix your batter to combine, and that’s it. A few lumps are okay.
- For the best vegan caramel sauce, check out this or this recipes.
Keywords: pancakes, lemon poppy seed, lemon poppy seed pancakes, breakfast, brunch