This watermelon salad is my go to recipe for a quick, fresh, light and delicious lunch! It’s loaded with sweet juicy seasonal fruits and veggies, and comes with a light balsamic dressing. Sprinkle with pine nuts, goji berries and zaatar for additional crispiness and a punch of flavor.
Fresh and nourishing Peach Watermelon Salad
I gonna tell you something: I had this exact same watermelon salad everyday for lunch during Summer, and I never get tired of it! It is SO fresh and flavorful that I can really eat it on repeat, and I still enjoy it.
Summer is an incredible season for fruits and veggies! There are so many delicious products available, from sweet and juicy fruits to sun kissed tomatoes. Everything you need to prepare a tasty salad for lunch.
Among the abundance of the beautiful Summer ingredients, watermelon, peaches and tomatoes are my favorite. They are very simple in appearance, but you might be surprised by how incredible they are when combined all together!
A ripe tomato in the season is nothing to do with the tomatoes you can find all year round in the supermarket. In the same way, there is nothing like a perfectly ripe peach, juicy and naturally very sweet. And watermelon (and melon) is definitely my favorite Summer fruit. It’s loaded with water, so it’s the perfect ingredient to stay hydrated. In addition, watermelon is very filling so I love to have a few slices of it for a healthy and yummy snack.
I found that the products are so good and flavorful at this season that they actually don’t need much to be sublimated. A simple vinaigrette, a handful of seeds, a pinch of zaatar sprinkled at the end are just enough to enhance the flavors of this gorgeous watermelon salad.
Make this watermelon salad your own
Here I wanted to share with you a recipe for the real watermelon salad I have nearly everyday for lunch during Summer. Obviously, it’s just a suggestion and it can slightly change from day to day depending on the ingredients I have on hand and my envies. For instance, some days I can replace the peach with apricots or figs, the pine nuts with pumpkin seeds, the basilica with dill or mint, and omit the goji berries.
It’s really up to you, and I want you to adapt this recipe to make it your own Summer salad! Something you love and are happy to enjoy. Also you will remark that this salad is pretty light and while it’s made with only whole natural ingredients, it doesn’t fully cover the recommended intakes. I usually accompany this salad with sourdough toast, a portion of grains, houmous, or any leftovers I have in my fridge.
I really want to mention that we are all completely different, with different lives and needs, and what is good for me is not necessarily what is good for YOU! In the same way, my needs and cravings are not the same everyday. It’s very important to listen to your own specific needs and to satisfy them. Don’t consider it as a tru reference, but use it as a basis to build your own references. The ones that suits you best. With this recipe I just want to give you some inspiration for your daily meals and help you thrive in your life.
For more easy and healthy lunches, check out these recipes
- Watermelon Feta Greek Salad
- Vegan Cheesy Broccoli Bacon Salad
- Baked Green Falafels
- Thai Rice Paper Rolls
- Healthy Vegan Mac and Cheese
- Green Hummus with Granola
- Tomato and Peach Rustic Pie
- Easy savory Mug Cake
I love to see your creations! Make sure to tag me @alicepages on Instagram and give your feedback in the comments below if you make this recipe! Your opinion is my best reward and I can’t wait to see your beautiful creations!Print
This tomato peach and watermelon salad is my go to recipe for a quick, fresh, light and delicious lunch! It’s loaded with sweet and juicy fruits and veggies, and comes with a light balsamic dressing.
For the salad
- Half a small watermelon
- 1 cucumber
- 3 tomatoes
- 2 peaches
- 2 tbsp zaatar
- A handful of pine nuts
- A handful of goji berries
- 4 springs of fresh basil
For the dressing
- Juice from one lemon
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Slice the watermelon into small triangles. Cut the cucumber, tomatoes and peaches into thin slices. Arrange the fruits and veggies in large plates.
- For the dressing, whisk all the ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Drizzle the vinaigrette over the salad, directly in the plates and season with zaatar, flaky sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Garnish with pine nuts, goji berries and chopped basil. Drizzle with more balsamic vinegar or pomegranate molasses. Enjoy!
- You can replace the zaatar with dukkah or a mix of spices and dry herbs.
Keywords: Salad, Summer, watermelon, fruit salad, lunch
Recette version françaisePrint
Cette salade de tomates, pêches et pastèque est ma recette incontournable de l’été pour préparer un déjeuner léger, rapide et rafraichissant! A déguster accompagnée d’une vinaigrette et garnie de graines, de zaatar et de fruits secs.
Pour la salade
- Une demie petite pastèque
- 1 concombre
- 3 tomates
- 2 pêches
- 4 cuil. à café de zaatar
- 2 poignées de pignons de pin
- 2 poignées de paies de goji
- 4 brins de basilic frais
Pour la vinaigrette
- Le jus d’un citron
- 2 cuil. à soupe de vinaigre balsamique
- 2 cuil. à soupe d’huile d’olive
- 1/2 cuil. à café de sel
- 1/2 cuil. à café de poivre
- Couper la pastèque en tranches puis en petits triangles. Couper le concombre, les tomates et les pêches en fines tranches. Disposer les fruits et légumes dans des assiettes.
- Préparer la vinaigrette. Mélanger tous les ingrédients dans un petit bol.
- Verser la vinaigrette directement sur la salade puis saupoudrer de zaatar, de fleur de sel et de poivre si vous le désirez.
- Garnir de pignons de pin, de baies de goji et de basilic frais ciselé. Arroser d’un filet de vinaigre balsamique ou de mélasse de grenade.
- Vous pouvez remplacer le zaatar par du dukkah ou un mélange d’herbes et d’épices.
Keywords: Salade, salade d’été, pastèque, déjeuner