This easy Greek watermelon salad with tomatoes, strawberries, mint, olives and vegan feta is the perfect light and refreshing meal to enjoy under the warm sun.
- 200 g watermelon
- 80 g strawberries
- 80 g tomatoes
- 1/4 red onion
- 2 sprigs of fresh mint
- 2 sprigs of fresh basil
- 1 handful of arugula
- 5 Kalamata or black olives
- 30 g vegan feta, I used the Violife Greek White Block
- 1 tbsp pine nuts
- 1 tbsp toasted almonds, chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp plain plant based yogurt
- 4 leaves of fresh mint, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Prepare the dressing. In a small bowl, whisk all the ingredients together. Taste and adjust the seasoning. Set aside.
- Remove the skin and cut the watermelon into medium cubes. Rinse and chop the strawberries and tomatoes. Thinly slice the onion. Finely chop the mint and basil. Core and halve the olives.
- In a large serving bowl, combine watermelon, strawberries, tomatoes, red onion, olives, arugula, basil and mint. Pour over dressing, and toss gently to combine.
- Serve the salad in a plate or a large bowl and garnish with crumbled vegan feta, pine nuts, chopped almonds, more salt and pepper. Enjoy fresh.
- You can replace the vegan feta by cubed tofu or tempeh marinated in olive oil, salt and herbs.
Keywords: salad, watermelon, greek salad, watermelon salad, summer salad, lunch, diner