These healthy mendiant Krispie treats are a light and nourishing take on the classic dessert. Made with simple natural ingredients, these are gluten free, refined sugar free, and oil free. They are extra gooey and loaded with chocolate and nutty flavors.
- Line a 8×8 inch baking pan with parchment paper and set aside. Let the parchment paper hang over the sides to get the bars out later.
- In a large bowl, mix almond butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract, cinnamon and salt together until combined and smooth. If the almond butter is too hard, melt on low heat or in the microwave.
- Fold in the puffed buckwheat, chocolate chips, pistachios, goji berries and pumpkin seeds and mix until everything is well coated and evenly combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan then press down firmly to form a compact and even layer.
- Place in the fridge for two hours to set, then slice into even squares and enjoy!
- Substitute almond butter with any type of nut butter, like peanut, cajou or even sunflower butter.
- Substitute puffed buckwheat with puffed rice, puffed quinoa or even rice crisps for a very crispy treat.
Keywords: dessert, sweets, treats, mendiant, Krispie treats, vegan, gluten free