The BEST and easiest vegan gluten free almond cookies. They are extra soft and chewy, only require 5 simple ingredients and ready in 15 minutes.
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup white rice flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- A pinch of salt
- Optional : 1 tsp almond extract
- Silvered almonds for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine almond meal, rice flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add maple syrup and melted coconut oil and stir to combine. You can use a wooden spatula or your hands to massage the dough and incorporate all the ingredients. The dough should be dry and crumbly, but should hold when it is pressed between two fingers.
- Scoop out a spoonful of dough about the size of a golf-ball, roll into a ball and drop onto the prepared baking sheet, about one inch apart. Press down the top of the balls with your hand or the flat bottom of a measuring cup or glass to flatten and shape your cookies. They won’t spread a lot during the baking. Repeat the process until there is no dough left. Place and gently pressed silvered almonds on top.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until the edges are just slightly golden brown and the tops appear dry.
- Then remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheet. Transfer cookies to a cooling rack to cool completely before serving.
- These cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature or in fridge for up to 3 days. Both raw cookie dough batter and baked cookies can be freezed for up to 6 weeks.
- These almond cookies are basically soft and chewy. If you want more crispy cookies, bake a few minutes more.
Keywords: cookies, almond cookies, gluten free, baking goods, treats, almond,