Creamy, nourishing, healthy and refreshing, this Raspberry Avocado nice cream is the perfect alternative to your regular smoothie bowl for a perfect breakfast this Summer. This rich and delicious fruit-based ice cream is made of 6 simple natural ingredients, no added sugar, no artificial flavors and only takes a few minutes. It is packed with nutrients, healthy fats and tasty flavors. Serve in a bowl and top with all your favorite goodies before enjoying right away. Breakfast is served!
What is a nice cream smoothie?
Think about a super creamy and satisfying ice-cream, but made with only fruits and natural ingredients. No added sugar, no conservative, no colorant, only good food! This is it. This amazing Raspberry Avocado Ice-cream smoothie is literally ice-cream for breakfast. It’s made with only 6 simple and natural ingredients, ready under less than 10 minutes, and packed with nutrients. Just like your regular smoothie, serve it in a bowl and top with your favorite food – granola, fresh fruits, nut butter… for a nourishing, refreshing and healthy brekkie. Exactly what you need to perfectly start the day.
Ice-cream or nice cream?
The term “nice cream” is a pretty recent foodie invention to originally refer to a dairy-free, banana-based ice cream alternative. But quickly the term has come to represent any fruit-based, vegan, dairy-free ice-cream, free from artificial flavors, colors, preservatives, and added sugar. Thus, even if banana is often used as the base to make nice cream because of its creaminess, many other fruits can also do the job! To name a few, mango, strawberry or raspberry work very well! Adding frozen veggies is a good idea to reduce the sugar level and add more nutrients. You can also make a mix and add a banana to ensure a creamy texture.
Raspberry Avocado Nice Cream
This Raspberry Avocado nice cream is the perfect example to illustrate all the possibilities with nice cream! It’s a 100% fruit-based ice cream, without added sugar, and unlike mist nice cream, without banana!
The base of this nice cream is frozen raspberry and avocado. Mixed together, these two ingredients provide to the nice cream a dreamy thick and creamy texture, similar to a soft serve ice-cream. The avocado is a great alternative to banana in smoothie as it brings texture, healthy fats and is low in sugar. While the avocado is not super strong in flavor, the raspberry add the fruity sweet and slightly acidic touch to the nice cream. Make sure to use frozen raspberry if you want a thick ice-cream texture. You can use fresh raspberry but you will have a runny smoothie.
How to make nice cream
This Raspberry Avocado Nice cream is ridiculously easy to make with only 6 simple ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen. It is ready under only 10 minutes, so you can definitely make it on the morning for a delicious breakfast. Just make sure to have frozen raspberry in your freezer and a ripe avocado.
Make raspberry avocado nice cream
To prepare your raspberry avocado nice cream, place the ingredients in a high-speed blender or a powerful food processor, in the order they appear in the list. When making smoothie, I always recommend to place the hard frozen fruits close to the blades and finish with the liquid. Then blend until you get a smooth, creamy and soft nice cream texture. This may take a few minutes depending on your equipment. Don’t hesitate to stop your blender and scrap down the edges of the bowl with a spatula as many time as you need, to bring the mixture back toward the blades. If necessary, you can also add a dash of almond milk to make the blending easier. But keep in mind that the more liquid you add, the less thicker the nice cream.
Blender or food processor
For this recipe, you can either use a high speed blender or a food processor. They both work well, but there are a few things to consider before choosing the right equipment for you.
A powerful high-end blender would work perfectly to make a creamy nice cream in only a few minutes. However, frozen fruits, especially frozen bananas, are very hard and can the blending process can be demanding for your blender. So if you don’t have a heavy-duty blender, I don’t recommend to use it for nice cream. From my experience, I’ve already broken two blenders in making banana ice cream. Now I’ve invested in a high-end blender that I can use for basically everything, and the result is amazing.
This Raspberry Avocado nice cream doesn’t have frozen banana and frozen raspberry are pretty soft and easy to break. So basically any blender, even if not super powerful, will do the job!
Check out my granola recipes! They would make a perfect topping for your nice cream :
- Tropical Peanut Granola, crunchy and packed with dry tropical fruits
- Date and Orange Nutty Granola, extra crunchy with delicious hazelnut flavors
- Coconut and Vanilla Granola, a delicious sugar free granola
- The Best Traditional Granola, simple but efficient with delicious flavors
- Sugar Free Granola Cereals, gluten free and oil free
I love to see your creations! Don’t forget to tag me @alicepages on your photos on Instagram and give your feedback in the comments below if you make this recipe at home! Your opinion is my best reward.Print
This ultra creamy raspberry and avocado nice cream is easy to prepare with only a few ingredients, for a refreshing and healthy snack or breakfast ready in 10 minutes!
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 pitted date
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup granola
- 1 tbsp coconut chips
- A handful macadamia nuts
- Place all the ingredients in a high-speed blender or a powerful food processor, and blend until you get a smooth, creamy soft nice cream texture. This may take a few minutes depending on your blender. If necessary, add a dash of almond milk to make the blending easier.
- Spoon the nice cream in a bowl and top with granola, coconut chips, chopped macadamia nuts or any of your favorite toppings. Enjoy right away.
- If you are using a powerful blender, you might don’t need to add almond milk in the nice cream. The texture will be even more creamy and smooth.
- You can replace the toppings with any of your favorite ingredients. Make sure to use local and seasonal fruits for the best benefits.
Keywords: nice cream, ice cream, smoothie, smoothie bowl, breakfast, snack,
Recette version françaisePrint
Ce smoothie glacé ultra crémeux à la framboise et à l’avocat est très facile à préparer, pour un petit-déjeuner ou un snack sain et gourmand prêt en moins de 10 minutes!
- 120 g de framboises congelées
- 1/2 avocat
- 1 datte dénoyautée
- 1 c. à c. de cannelle
- 1 c. à c. de vanille
- 60 ml de lait végétal (amande, soja, coco…)
- 30 g de granola
- 1 poignée de chips de coco
- 1 poignée de noix de macadamia
- Placer tous les ingrédients dans le bol d’un blender ou d’un mixeur. Mixer jusqu’à obtenir une crème parfaitement lisse et onctueuse. Cela peut prendre plusieurs minutes en fonction de la puissance du mixeur. Si nécessaire, ajouter un peu plus de lait végétal pour faciliter le mélange.
- Servir le smoothie glacé dans un bol et garnir de granola, de chips de coco, de noix de macadamia ou de vos toppings préférés au choix. Déguster immédiatement.
- Si vous utilisez un blender ou un mixeur puissant, vous n’aurez probablement pas besoin de mettre de lait végétal dans votre smoothie. La texture n’en sera que plus onctueuse.
- Utilisez les toppings de votre choix pour garnir votre smoothie fruits frais, noix, beurre d’oléagineux… tout est possible! Préférez des fruits locaux et de saison.
Keywords: nice cream, glace, smoothie, petit-déjeuner, snack, bol,