This banana nice cream with peanut butter caramel, crunchy granola and a crisp chocolate shell is the perfect healthy treat to indulge anytime. Easy to make with only bananas, vegan and packed with nutrients.
Vanilla nice cream
- 2 ripe bananas, sliced and frozen
- 2 tbsp plant-based milk (like almond, soy, coconut, cashew …)
- 1/2 fresh vanilla bean or 1/4 tsp vanilla powder
Peanut butter caramel sauce
- 1 tbsp smooth peanut butter (or any other nut butter, like almond, cashew, tahini or sunflower seed for a nut-free option)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of flaky sea salt
Chocolate shell sauce
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 handfuls of Purely Elizabeth Vanilla Chocolate chip Granola (or any granola of your choice)
- Prepare the nice cream. The day before, slice the bananas into large chunks and place in the freezer overnight or at least 8 hours until they are completely frozen.
- Add frozen bananas and plant-based milk to a high speed blender, and blend until smooth and no chunks remain. Depending on the power of your blender, you might need to add a little more milk to make the process easier.
- Scrap the vanilla bean and add the seeds to the nice cream. Blend to combine. Transfer the nice cream to a container and store in freezer while you prepare the other elements.
- To make the peanut butter caramel sauce, stir peanut butter together with maple syrup, vanilla extract and flaky sea salt into a bowl until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- To make the chocolate shell, melt the coconut oil in a bowl. Then add cocoa powder and maple syrup and stir to combine, until you get a smooth and runny sauce.
- When ready to serve, remove the nice cream from freezer. Grab a medium serving bowl and arrange a handful of granola on the bottom. Pour the nice cream on top and smooth the surface using the back of a spoon. Drizzle the caramel sauce to make swirls, then pour the chocolate sauce on top and immediately sprinkle more granola. Wait a few seconds for the chocolate sauce to harden before to enjoy.
- Prep time does not include freezing the bananas.
- Serve the nice cream immediately for a soft-serve ice cream or freeze at least 5 hours for a scoopable ice cream. Store the nice cream in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 1 week.
Keywords: Nice cream, ice cream, soft-serve, banana ice cream, dessert, smoothie, chocolate shell, granola