The BEST extra-chunky pecan granola with big crispy granola clumps. Packed full of nuts, fibers and nutrients, naturally sweetened and gluten-free. Perfect for a healthy and nourishing breakfast or snack.
- 1 cup quick oats
- 3/4 cup pecan halves
- 1/2 cup large coconut flakes
- 1 tbsp almond flour (or oat flour, or ground flax seeds)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Add oats, pecans, coconut flakes, almond flour, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt to a large mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Add maple syrup, melted coconut oil and vanilla extract. Using a spatula, stir and fold until all the dry ingredients are thoroughly coated. This is very important to make the granola chunky.
- Pour onto the prepared baking sheet. Using a spatula or your hands, press down and pack the granola mixture together to form an even, tightly-packed layer in the center of the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes until lightly golden, then remove from oven and rotate the baking sheet to ensure an even baking. Don’t stir the granola at this step or during baking to keep it ultra chunky!
- Bake for 10 minutes more, until the granola is golden brown. Watch carefully as it can burn very quickly.
- Remove from oven and place the baking sheet on a cooling rack, don’t stir. Let to cool completely, for at least 1 hour, before breaking it into clusters.
- Store the cooled granola in an airtight container at room temperature for 2 weeks, or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
- If you are gluten free, make sure you are using certified gluten free rolled oats.
Keywords: granola, chunky granola, oats, breakfast, snack, gluten free