Only 8 simple ingredients and a few minutes to make this easy, delicious and crispy nutty granola directly in a skillet! Enjoy with yogurt and fresh fruits or sprinkle on to your smoothie bowls for a healthy fiber-rich breakfast. Gluten free and oil free.
- 1 cup of large oats flake or regular rolled oats
- 1/4 cup whole almonds
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch of salt flakes
- In a large nonstick skillet, toast oats over medium heat for 2 minutes until golden brown and fragrant.
- In the same skillet, add almonds and pecans, and cook for 3 minutes more until the nuts are toasted and golden brown, stirring often.
- Reduce to low-medium heat and add shredded coconut, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt flakes. Cook for another 1 minute, stirring constantly to avoid the coconut to burn.
- Add maple syrup and vanilla extract and use a wooden spoon to stir and evenly coat the dry ingredients. Continue moving the oat mixture around for about 2-3 minute until the liquid has evaporated and it turns golden brown and smells fragrant.
- Remove from heat and spread the granola on to a baking sheet or a large flat plate to cool. Push the granola to a compact even layer in the center of the sheet if you want it to dry in clumps and get granola clusters. If you prefer a runny granola, stir every 2 minutes or so to make sure the granola doesn’t stick together. Allow to completely cool down for at least 10 minutes, until the granola is dry and crunchy.
- Once cool, break up into large clumps and store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Keywords: granola, nutty granola, skillet granola, stovetop granola, breakfast, muesli, cereals